20 May 2010

Catching Up

Thought I'd do I quick update since I can't sleep and not sure when I will have time to get back to my blog for a couple of weeks.

Baton Rouge / Church Planting Conference
I just returned to Bonn last Saturday from a terrific short trip to the States. If your my Friend on Facebook you saw pics from the Association of Related Churches / All Access Church Planters conference in Baton Rouge. I promise to try to post some of them here soon.

In Jacksonville
After the All Access meeting I was off to see my son Shawn and granddaughter Antonella in Jacksonville. While there I connected with the 103rd Street Church of God church located there. They have a terrific men's group led by Cliff Hare. I love working with all kinds of denominations.

Back to Phoenix
From there it was back to Phoenix to minister at a gathering of house churches to talk about what was happening here in Europe. This associated group of home churches all met in one location so I could up date them at one time. Sunday morning I drove up to Word of Life Assembly of God Church in Chino Valley, Arizona to minister at their children's church about being a missionary in Germany. It was all great fun. I brought the kids some German candies that they loved (and so do I).

Back to Phoenix with a stop off to my friends Nathan and Deborah Hale to see their brand new, one month old, baby boy Judah. How cute was he.

I was only in Phoenix a week before returning to Germany. Guess I didn't want to wear out my welcome with Mark and Bonnie McKibben. Bless their hearts, they have allowed me to stay with them at their Scottsdale home for the last few years. They just "got rid" of me the month before when I surprised them with a quick return. Anyway, thanks Mark and Bonnie for letting me feel like I'm home when I stay with you.

Upcoming Ministry in the Baltics
Friday morning, I'm off again for the next two weeks to Hamburg, Germany, Tallin, Estonia, Riga, Latvia and Klaipeda, Lithuania. I'm connecting with Paul Cole of the Christian Men's Network in Hamburg to minister to the men in those countries. I'll try to post some pics as I travel but I'm not sure about access to the Internet during the trip.

Will keep you posted.

Blessings,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe & Asia

Additional Info:
Association of Related Churches: www.arcchurches.com
103rd Street Church of God: www.103churchofgod.com
Christian Men's Network Europe: www.cmneurope.org

No comments: