29 September 2009

New Great News

Just wanted to let my faithful blog readers know some great news I just received. In fact you are nearly the first know, right after my two sons and a couple of very close friends. I haven't even Facebooked this news yet.

Literally a few minutes ago, I received a reply to an email I recently sent to the publisher of Christian Mens Magazine in Finland. My email proposed an idea to write either a single article or a series of articles for his four color, "Charisma" style magazine. The "How To" articles would encourage men to teach their children to pray.

He accepted the proposal and is excited about the idea. And instead of just one article, he wants to do a series over the next year. The first article will be published in the upcoming December issue. The magazine will translate my articles. He teasingly suggested that I start to learn Finnish. Okay... My German friends will be "pleased" to see that I am going to try to add one of the worlds most difficult languages to my list of "linguistic inability".

Honestly I am excited and nervous at the very same time. God is my strength and ability. He certainly opened this door and made this God Intersection. The Holy Spirit will give me the words and concepts to communicate His heart to these men in Finland but still pray for me.

Thank you Lord for this and every opportunity to minister to your children of all ages.

Will keep you posted as things progress.

Blessings,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe (including Finland) and Asia

No comments: