17 August 2007

Something New to Learn: Blogging

Just when you don't want to learn one more piece of software or "techie" thing along comes a new communications tool that you realize you must learn. For me it is now learning the world of "Blogosphere", if that is a word.

This adventure began by reading the blog of some very close friends of mine who are soon heading off as new missionaries to serve in South Asia. Before this I had never considered doing a blog even though I knew about them.

After studying their blog and the blogs of some other friends, I have decided to take the plunge. Even though it provides some real communication advantages for me, it is just one more thing to learn to do correctly.

You can check out my friend's blog here by clicking on the link at the right titled: "Crucified With Christ".

Silly Victories
Today, I found out about how to put a weather bug and a counter on this blog. I have to admit it is really very cool! Now my you can see what the real-time weather is in my area of Germany. Technology don't ya just love it.

This is about it for now. I'm going to try to keep them short, sweet and up to date. If you really know me, you know "short" is always an issue when I write.

God bless you. Jesus loves you a lot more than you can even believe.

In His Service,
Lawrence

No comments: