27 November 2009

Fellowship of European International Churches

Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving.

The other day when I posted the story of my new car, I realized that I had forgotten to update you after my trip to Vienna, Austria and the Fellowship of European International Churches ( www.feic.org ) Summit meeting.

So better late than never, here's a brief update with links to photos and a video clip. My Facebook Friends have seen the video clip but my blog followers have probably not.

The meeting was in mid-October and held in a small retreat center up in the mountains about two hour ride from Vienna. It was attended by 60+ Assembly of God missionary pastors. They pastor churches located all over Europe from Finland to Greece to the Canary Islands.

I was invited to attend by Sebaastian Van Wessem, a Dutch pastor that I work with on the church planting group, Europe Advance. www.europeadvance.org

During our times of fellowship we discussed what God was doing in Europe and shared about our churches and ministries. They graciously allowed me share about First Step Ministries and my heart to help kids learn to pray.

We were all caught off guard when an unseasonably early snow storm moved in and dumped about 18 inches over two days. As it turned out, it seems it was an answer to prayer from a little seven year old missionary girl, named Olivia, from the Canary Islands. She asked her parents if they would see snow up in the mountains. The parents told her to pray and ask God. Guess he answered her prayers. Thankfully, He also answered our prayers to get us off the mountain safely without snow tires so we could catch our flights back home. He did.

It was great to make new friends and new ministry connections. I'm sure I'll be involved with them in future.

Here's the link to the FEIC photos:
http://drop.io/FEIC_Pics_Oct_2009

FEIC Video:
http://animoto.com/play/0CESfFIbk8rugSaPVIb0cg

(Just copy and paste the above URLs to your web browser to connect to the photos or video.)

Blessings,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe & Asia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Larry Blakeslee said...

Thanks for the comment and input. Blessings and Happy New Year.