15 November 2009

Christmas Came Early

For me, Christmas came early this year. So early that I will be able to celebrate again on December 25th. Actually, the German's celebrate two days of Christmas and if that's not enough, the Dutch have three days of Christmas.

It's The Solution
Think about it. Just having more Christmas days is the ultimate solution to an ever present problem. Which friends, family, "in-laws" or parents you are going to celebrate Christmas Day with this year? Well I digress...

My Christmas came a few weeks ago when someone called me and said they wanted to bless me with a car. It was a total surprise. In fact I was speechless. (You who really know me, know that doesn't happen very often.) They wanted the car to be used for the ministry. No problem! I think I can make that happen. It took a few weeks to get everything organized. And I finally picked up it last Monday in The Netherlands and drove it home.

It has been a real process to get it registered and inspected with the German government but thanks to a couple of German friends that helped get me through the "red tape", it was uneventful. Thank God for German public transportation. But waiting for trains and buses outside in the German winter is not all that it is cracked up to be.

The First Car
Some of you might remember my first European car. It was a little, red, 20+ year old Opel Kadette that was given to me five years ago. It had a lot of "experience" but I got two good years of use from it. When it came time for the every two year German car inspection, it would have cost me more to get it to pass inspection that the actual value of the car. So it was time to get rid of it.

The Opel Kadette, like this car, was a total gift from God and I proclaimed it as such to everyone, saved and unsaved. To the amazement of many of my German friends, it got me all over Europe without fail. The Chevy is also going to be put to good use for The Lord and ministry. If you feel led, you can be in agreement with me for the car's expenses to be met.

The Sermonette
There is a "sermonette" in this story. It is never give up on your dream(s). No matter how tough it looks, just never give up on God. The dream may not come in your timing but it will come in His. The Bible talks about "Give and it will be given unto you..." (Luke 6:38) He's not kidding.

My Thanksgiving
The family that blessed me with this gift will be blessed by God for giving it. My friends that have made it possible for me to stay on the mission field all these years and especially during these tough economic times, have been and will continue to be blessed for their faithfulness. I know Him and I know His Word it is true. By the way, so do they...

Thank you to all those that have been used by God to make the "impossible" come true. It has already been an exciting and interesting 2009 for me. I can hardly wait to see what is in store for 2010.

Happy Thanksgiving America. We still have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. If there was ever a time to pray for our country and the world, it is now.

Love ya,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe & Asia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo happy for you, Larry! God is faithful! We rejoice in your victory and believe for a rich return on the faithful giving of those precious people! Have a great Thanksgiving and Merry Early Christmas...

Lawrence Blakeslee said...

Thanks Rhema. It really increases my flexibility and productivity.