19 December 2007

A Child Is Born / Bradley Scott Blakeslee

Well this is NOT about the Christmas story we know but one that is just as close to my heart.

My youngest son William and his wife, Stephanie gave birth to their first child 5 December 2007 at 5:55 p.m..

Bradley Scott Blakeslee entered this world at 8 pounds 10 ounces and 22 inches long. The birth went well; William’s older brother Shawn called me at 2:00 a.m. my time to let me know that I was again a grandpa. I think William was still in shock or exhausted. A few minutes later I was able to get through on his cell phone to congratulate them.

I will see all of the “Blakeslee Boys” (including the newest member of the team, Bradley) and girls, in early March during my annual fund raising trip to the States.

Personally, I absolutely love Bradley’s name, it already sounds like a famous author or pastor doesn’t it. Well, why not! Our Heavenly Father has a plan for this little boy too. And there are plenty of scriptural importance and references to the names we give our children.

Welcome to the world Bradley. God has great things planned for you to do.

Blessings,
Lawrence

5 comments:

Jake said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Very good news, my nephew was also born on Dec 5, just 10 years ago :)
God's blessings to you and your son's family.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Larry ! We pray for many Blessings on William and his family !

Steve & Michelle said...

Larry,
So good to hear from you. It's hard to believe you have already been there for 5 years. Praise God you have stuck in out and are doing what you are called to do. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson. We look forward to seeing you in March.
Steve and Michelle Robinson

Steve & Michelle said...

Larry,
Good to hear from you. Looks like you are staying busy at the work of the Lord. Hard to believe you have been there for 5 years. Thats awesome. How nice that some old friends from DHL have moved to Germany and you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with them. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Hope to see you in March.
Steve and Michelle

Tiffany said...

WooHoooo! What a handsome young man!!!! Iknow that God will shine brightly through this baby boy! I bet you are just itching to get to America NOW. I know I would be!

Congratulations to the Blakeslee Brood!

Love ya!