06 July 2010

Travel, Travel, Travel

Travel, travel, travel but I'm not complaining. I am fulfilling my promise to update you on some of what has happened since my last impromptu blog posting in the McDonalds in Malmo, Sweden.

At the International Church in Malmo, I shared about every adult's responsibility to spiritually minister and nurture all of our children. It was well received and I look forward to being able to return and share more. I almost had an impromptu chance to record a radio show that the church sponsors on a local Malmo station but the timing just didn't work with the producer's schedule. We talked about doing it sometime in the future.

Since we were not going to record the radio program and I was so tired from all the travel the previous months, it was time to head home after church. The trip only took 10 hours but it was still a long day but at least I was home. I arrived just a little past midnight Sunday.

Christian Men's Network Meeting / Delft, Holland
By Friday I was on my way to a two day CMN meeting in Delft. Honestly, I really didn't want to leave town again after only being home for four days from Sweden, even if it was only a 3 hour drive. But I needed to attend if I wanted to be able to be part of leading the same type "Maximized Manhood" meeting in the future.

My Indonesian/Dutch friends and I had lunch with Indonesian, Pastor Eddy Leo. Pastor Eddy led the meetings. This man has a heart of gold and pastors a mega church in Jakarta. www.abbalove.org He strongly believes in and demonstrates the importance of church "Life Groups" and marketplace ministry. Because of the political and religious situation in Indonesia, his church is completely dependent on both of these ministry opportunities to reach the people of Indonesia.

Since this meeting was a Indonesian men's meeting in The Netherlands, the translations got interesting. Pastor Eddy preached in Indonesian, which was translated into Dutch, which was then translated into to English, by a South African guy. Talk about an "international" meeting.

It was great to participate in these meetings. The Holy Spirit really ministered to all the men including me. This was one rare time that I didn't take any pictures of really anything and it was okay. For me, it was a time to sit and receive.

Sunday morning I headed to Hilversum, The Netherlands and Pastor Sebastiaan Van Wessem's, 1000 Hills Church. www.thousandhills.cc Sebastiaan is part of the Europe Advance Church Planting Lead Team. www.europeadvance.org. Sebastiaan has a terrific church of about 300. The people are alive, joyful and seem to love life. Of course the day before, Holland unexpectedly won their soccer game and moved through to the next round of the World Cup Soccer tournament, that didn't hurt the environment.

After the Sunday service, I met with Dr. Edmae Chandoe. Edmae has offered to help the Europe Advance team in the administrative area. She is clearly "over qualified" for the job. Edmae leads her own strategy and planning company in The Netherlands. www.sbi.nl We discussed her future role and defined some areas of immediate need for the EA Team. It will be great working with her.

After the previous 15 & 10 hour road trips, the short 3 hour trip back home seemed too short. I just barely got "settled" in before arriving back at my apartment. There was one big benefit I failed to mention in the long road trips, I got caught up on listening to a backlog of teaching CD's I've wanted to hear to for a year. A long road trip does have it's benefits.

Blessings,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe & Asia

Further Info:

Pastor Eddy Lou
www.abbalove.org

Pastor Sebastiaan van Wessem
www.thousandhills.cc

Europe Advance
www.europeadvance.org

Dr. Edmae Chandoe
www.sbi.nl

No comments: