22 January 2009

Back In the U.S. of A.

Long First Day of Travel
Last Friday started of my annual trip to the America. After a 90 minute train ride from my apartment to the airport, my flight departed on time from Dusseldorf, Germany but then had a 90 minute take-off delay in Paris. The pilot attributed the delay to missing about 100 passengers that were stuck going through a final jetway security check.

The take-off delay combined with headwinds caused me to miss my connection in Atlanta. After making it through U.S. Customs, I was able to grab the last seat, on the last flight to Phoenix that night. The total travel time took 23 hours, door to door. It was a long day.

Visiting the Grand Kids
I'll be leaving Phoenix early Monday morning for Florida to see my family. I will be visiting my youngest son, William and Stephanie and my "nearly new" baby granddaughter, Hailey for the first time and her 13 month old baby brother Bradley. After that I'll be heading out to visit some ministries and of course my oldest son, Shawn and granddaughter Antonella.

The cross country trip continues to the Kansas City area to minister, Tulsa, Oklahoma for a visit to my Alma mater, Rhema Bible Training Center and to Oklahoma City.

American Christian Writers Workshop
A new activity for me will be to attend a two day American Christian Writers Workshop in Oklahoma City before returning to Phoenix. I am really looking forward to learning all I can and improving my writing skills.

Returning to Phoenix by mid February, I'll be doing more ministry and some last minute shopping before returning to Europe. As my travels progress, check back to see the latest pictures of my family and especially the grand kids.

Pray for safe travel and open ministry doors as I make my way from one end of the country to the other.

Blessings,
Rev. Lawrence Blakeslee
Missionary to Europe and Asia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Lawrence Blakeslee said...

Absolutely and without question... Larry